Align is a human-centered strategy company that helps businesses grow by connecting their purpose and profit.
Jen Reiner, President
We're on a mission
... to help purpose-driven businesses thrive, so they in turn, can spread a greater positive impact to the stakeholders they touch— like employees, customers and the broader community. Money moves things. The first priority in having an impact is growing profitability, so that your organization has the power to invest in the things that matter to you!
We help businesses grow by helping them get clear about where they are and where they can go; what changes are a priority; and how to implement new initiatives. We place special emphasis on increasing the number of successful women and minority business owners, as a path toward expanding the diversity of leadership voices in our communities.
Be bold and build with heart.
Growth starts with a vision for the future that motivates the people in your team. Being human-centered means that we don't kid ourselves about the power of human nature, we embrace it! People are the biggest asset and we build business models that leverage the talent and motivation of team members. Customers will love what you do as well! We tap into what current and next generation customers want and need, so that your company can delight in new ways, always staying relevant and on top of their needs. We battle complacency by building trust and finding a shared vision.
We're wired for the future. We stay connected and youthful by immersing ourselves in emerging trends and technologies, as well as engaged with the next generation of leaders.
And, we make the planning process uplifting. Really! Having a winning strategy is so vital to business growth, but too many businesses avoid the process because they think it's time-consuming and impractical.
Our process is lean and responsive to your needs. We bring the innovation methods used by some of today’s most successful Fortune 100 companies, to mid-sized and rising businesses, to identify new opportunities, differentiate from their competitors, and establish a blueprint for the future. This includes techniques from the lean startup process, human-centered design, strategic planning, financial management and process improvement.
We deliver results, not binders! An agile process means getting early traction and road-testing our ideas before building out a detailed plan. Simple 'prototypes' of new approaches are used to validate that a killer idea is feasible, desirable and profitable. Once a solid plan is ready to launch, we can also help roll-out and facilitate key activities and cross-functional projects.
Use the power of a thriving business to drive social good
Diversify business ownership and elevate new leadership voices
How we roll...
- Growth is about change and change can be uncomfortable. But, being left behind is even more uncomfortable. We make change tolerable for those who dislike it and we create focus for those who see many possibilities.
- We know that creativity breeds innovation, and play feeds creativity. Fun is a good thing and is compatible with hard work.
- Honesty is the best policy - even when you’re not going to love what we have to say.
- We work hard to see things through multiple perspectives.
- Six Fridays a year, we quit early to beat the rush to State College. Some other Friday’s we quit early too!
- We've got families and lives outside of work and know you do too. We know how to balance success, while being available and accountable.
Learn more about human-centered strategy and how we roll on the blog.